TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Computationally analyze and integrate diverse data sets from high-throughput assays, such as flow cytometry, next-gen sequencing, microarrays, mass spectrometry and SNP genotyping.
- Collaborate with staff on contributions to high-quality analyses of Center for Human Immunology (CHI) protocols, data publications, tools and projects.
- Prepare manuscripts or technical reports on analyses and tools developed at the CHI; publish manuscripts on novel analysis methods and biological findings.
- Work closely with biologists and experimentalists and project teams to answer biological questions of interest and conduct cutting-edge bioinformatics and systems biology research, such as developing novel statistical methods for the analysis and integration of high-dimensional data sets to gain biological insight.
- Work closely with other computational biologists in the group; collaborate with software engineers and scientific programmers to further develop some of the novel methods and analysis techniques into broadly applicable tools (e.g. flow-cytometry data processing and analysis).
- Prepare source code, software tool executables and associated documentations.
- Prepare presentation slides and abstracts on research; present research and analysis results both within the CHI/NIH community and in scientific meetings.
- Manage bioinformatics projects and coordinate with other group members to drive analysis projects to completion.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field.