10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Computational Biology group. This position is a unique opportunity to work on a new form of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data that enables many previously unachievable applications. This person will: (1) lead the development of algorithms that use 10x Linked-Read data to solve difficult genomics problems, (2) define custom analyses to guide product development. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing novel methods using techniques such as sequence alignment, text indexing and searching, graph algorithms, combinatorial optimization and probability theory. Experience combining novel and existing tools into effective pipelines is a plus.
The right candidate must also have strong programming skills, and a keen interest in biology and working with real-world data. Strong interpersonal skills, a desire to understand customer needs and the ability to communicate results clearly are a must. This position will interact closely with colleagues in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and software.
- Develop algorithms for novel NGS data across a number of novel applications
- Develop custom analyses to assess and guide development of the core technology
- Work with software team to commercialize algorithms products
- Work with early customers to understand applications and requirements
- Analyze internally generated sequencing data