Integrated DNA Technologies
Job Locations US-IA-Coralville
US-CA-Redwood CityCategory Marketing
# of Openings 1
Posted Date 10 hours ago
Shift/Schedule M-F 40 Hour Week (United States of America)
The Commercial Marketing Manager, Strategic Business Partnerships, for IDT's global marketing organization is responsible for understanding customer needs within key IDT market segments (custom oligos, functional genomics and CRISPR, qPCR, next-generation sequencing, synthetic biology, etc.) and using that knowledge and experience to develop and execute marketing and product launch campaigns that drive awareness of IDT's manufacturing capabilities for 3rd parties and regulated markets. The individual in this position must demonstrate seniority and significant experience with all facets of marketing to collaborate effectively with customers and internal IDT associates. This role involves managing and influencing cross-functional teams - successful candidates will have great leadership and communications skills.
- Works with IDT leadership to support joint business activities and partnerships with key customers and industry groups.
- Possess a strong understanding of customer needs within key IDT market segments (custom oligos, functional genomics and CRISPR, qPCR, next-generation sequencing, synthetic biology, etc.) through direct customer contact and primary and secondary research.
- Works with IDT Product Marketing/Management, Product Development, and Project Management - as well as with Global Sales and Regional Marketing — to develop accurate marketing personas, effective customer segmentation strategies, insightful buyer journeys, and useful value propositions and key messages specific to key IDT market segments (custom oligos, functional genomics and CRISPR, qPCR, next-generation sequencing, synthetic biology, etc.).
- Converts customer and market insight into core marketing briefs and strategic marketing plans that drive successful lead generation and product launch campaigns.
- Collaborates with content writers, branding and public relations, collateral design, and search engine optimization experts to ensure that campaign tactics match market segment needs.
- Works with third parties to drive product awareness and positioning.
- Partners with digital marketing, marketing automation, and web development experts to ensure that marketing campaigns are executed well and in a timely fashion.
- Monitors the success of marketing campaigns by using advanced digital tagging and metrics to ensure that key performance indicators are met, and campaigns demonstrate a positive return on investment.
- Prepares marketing strategies alongside company executives, product management teams and other business owners, for assigned business areas.
- Plans and executes product rollout plans, advertising plans, promotional campaigns, trade show participation and direct customer communication
- Develops and implements targeted marketing and lead generation programs using various communication channels
- Leads implementation of marketing activities with Product Managers, Creative Team, Scientific and Corporate Communications, across all media platforms
- Leads creation and delivery of advertisements and other marketing materials
- Analyzes and reports marketing campaign effectiveness and return on investment (ROI)
- Performs competitive analysis in market segments to identify areas of differentiation and opportunities to develop marketing collateral and improve marketing effectiveness
- Represents marketing department on product development core teams
- Provides sales support for assigned areas
- Prepares and adheres to budgets for assigned areas
- Demonstrates and upholds behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values and delivers the Integrated DNA Technologies experience to customers and other business associates
- Performs other duties as assigned.