The Commercial Development Manager, Clinical, is responsible for advancing the use of sequence-based approaches across key clinical arenas and developing sales strategies to grow clinical revenue. Illumina is currently focused in the clinical areas of Reproductive Health, Oncology, Microbiology and Complex Disease.
All About You
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 5+ years in sales/marketing roles preferably with market development, product awareness/promotion, collaborations, or related experience
• Comprehensive understanding of use of Next Generation Sequencing and Arrays for use in clinical research, specifically for the use of identification of genetic predisposition and somatic mutations.
• Ability to position existing products to drive new market opportunities.
• Proven team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written),
• Skilled presenter and ability to put people at ease
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to persuade
• 40% travel required
• Proven ability to lead and influence a broad spectrum of constituents (product management, sales, etc.) with divergent interests in order to create a defined and focused course of action. (Cross-functional management within a matrix organization a must.)