Coriell Institute is seeking an experienced scientist to serve as a Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) for the NINDS Repository. The NINDS Repository at Coriell is a cutting edge, world-class resource for human genetic and biomarkers discovery of causes and vulnerability for neurological disorders. The Co-PI will serve a vital role by working with the Principal Investigator (PI) and Project Managers (PMs) to coordinate activities to sustain the NINDS Repository and to optimize its efficiency and productivity. The successful candidate will have research experience in molecular and cellular neuroscience and/or human induced pluripotent stem cells (hiPSCs) and in project management. Involvement in projects requiring the management of large numbers of biospecimens and their associated data is a plus, along with a strong cell culture background, preferably involving stem cells.
The incumbent will be responsible for working with the NINDS Repository PI and PMs to ensure the successful operation of the NINDS Repository, while contributing to its strategic planning and growth.
Specifically, the NINDS Repository Co-PI will assume the following responsibilities:
• Work with and assist the PI in all aspects of NINDS Repository team management to streamline Repository operations
• Supervise the entire biospecimen biobanking cycle, including submission approval, sample acquisition, document and data management
• Track biospecimen receipt, in-house processing, quality control testing, and inventory
• Manage the worldwide distribution of biospecimens
• Update the NINDS Repository online catalog and database
• Prepare internal and external reports
• Manage the monitoring of laboratory processes to ensure contract requirements are met
• Attend scientific meetings and engage with submitters and biospecimen users
• Additional responsibilities to support the NINDS Repository