Computercraft seeks a highly motivated individual who will use his or her expertise in clinical genetics to process submissions and curate data in NCBI’s ClinVar database. ClinVar is a public archive of variants and interpretations of their clinical significance: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/clinvar/
This is an exciting opportunity to improve resources and contribute to datasharing efforts in the medical genetics community. The successful candidate will work on-site at the National Institutes of Health, National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Evaluate and process submissions to ClinVar which include data describing variants, diseases/phenotypes, interpretations, and evidence
- Communicate with submitters to ensure accurate representation of the data
- Collaborate with development staff
- Educate users by contributing to public documentation and responding to user inquiries
- Review variant and disease/phenotype data