Versiti was founded with the belief that, together, our blood centers can better serve patients’ urgent need for life-saving healthcare. We love what we do, and we’re looking for passionate individuals to join the Versiti family. We foster a diverse environment that affirms each employee’s dignity and worth, and we offer a chance to work with a team of compassionate, motivated people who provide health innovations and advancements to our communities on a daily basis.
Our organization has an exciting opportunity to work as a Clinical Variant Scientist as part of a team with unparalleled expertise and thought leadership in the hematology domain Working for Versiti, you will have exposure to national and international projects related to the genetic basis of hematological disease with direct involvement in gene and variant curation and data sharing initiatives (ClinGen, ClinVar).
In this role within our multidisciplinary hematology genetics clinical review team. you will be responsible for identifying and assessing germline and somatic sequence variants and genetic alterations with Sanger, NGS, and other technologies, and critically evaluating primary scientific and medical literature and databases to support variant classification. You will perform technical review of testing data, provide thorough and accurate interpretation of results, and collaborate with laboratory directors, scientists, clinical hematologists, and genetic counselor teams to prepare clinical reports and enhance testing options.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in genetics, biology, molecular biology, chemistry, biochemistry, or a related field preferred, but will consider strong candidates with an undergraduate degree and four years relevant experience.
- Two + years of experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory and/or knowledge of human genetic diseases and variant interpretation.
- Two + years of experience with sequencing data and molecular assays.
- Experience with assay validation and new clinical test design.
- Experience with bioinformatic analysis and laboratory information systems.
More details about this position and how to apply are below: