Almac Group is a group of established businesses at the forefront of the Pharmaceutical industry. Our Company is a recognized global knowledge-based leader for the research, development and delivery of pharmaceutical services. Almac Group's services extend from drug discovery through all areas of clinical trials to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products. Our commitment to Discovery, Development and Delivery in conjunction with our long term partnerships with the majority of the world's leading pharmaceuticals guarantees a secure future for everyone. Our Diagnostics division (DX) has an exciting opening for a Clinical Lab Testing Technologist to join our talented team and help to support the continuing growth of our business. Responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Perform molecular biological techniques as required, including nucleic acid extraction, gene expression microarray testing, and qPCR, and adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies in a CLIA laboratory setting.
• Utilize the Laboratory Information Management System for sample/result documentation and tracking
• Participate in the validation/commissioning, calibration, maintenance and running of automated and non-automated laboratory equipment.
• Prepare buffers and reagents for laboratory processes, as required.
• Ensure that supporting documentation is maintained as per defined procedures.
• Identify any non-conformances that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results;take action to correct them with the minimum disruption to laboratory work or immediately notify the laboratory supervisor or Director of Operations
• Assist in identifying and testing/optimizing new laboratory testing methods as required.
• Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.