Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) brings together the leading research teams and cancer specialists of Fred Hutch, Seattle Children's, and UW Medicine. One extraordinary group whose sole mission is the pursuit of better, longer, richer lives for our patients. SCCA's purpose is to provide state-of-the-art, patient and family centered care; support the conduct of cancer clinical research and education; enhance access to improved cancer interventions; and advance the standard of cancer care regionally and beyond.
The Clinical Technologist I performs lab tests, and processes on patient samples or products which involves operating analytical instruments, compiling and verifying the accuracy of clinical data and complying with the laboratory QA/QC program.
- Handles biological specimens and products; performs clinical assays and lab processes by following the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operates analytical instruments, compiles and analyzes clinical data, verifies its accuracy, and reports results
- Performs laboratory quality controls measurements.
- Prepares reagents and materials for clinical procedures.
- Enters patient and specimen information and results in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Performs regular maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical instruments.
A Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution OR an associate degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution or equivalent education and training that includes 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses or 24 semester hours of science courses that include six semester hours of chemistry, six semester hours of biology and twelve semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination AND have laboratory training that includes completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by an HHS-approved organization, or at least 3 months documented laboratory training is each specialty in which the individual performs high complexity testing.
Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Technologist or an equivalent certification required.
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE