The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, based in Farmington, CT is seeking a Clinical Technical Information Scientist to support Clinical Services. The successful candidate will be a highly-trained, self-motivated research scientist excited about science but looking for an alternative to a career writing grants and performing experimental bench work.
• Raise visibility of JAX Clinical Services by acting as the main driver for the submission of publications, conference presentations, webinars, development of technical marketing material, customer-site presentation etc. related to offerings.
• Provide external technical support and be the lead customer facing technical expert on assays offered by the Clinical Services business unit.
• Provide internal educational and technical support that will enable the field based team members to gain an understanding of the clinical assays to help the field team in their efforts to identify and inform new customers.
• Provide direct customer support for ongoing projects. This will include issues related to sample shipment, timelines, and questions about the test method and results. Develop tools to ensure an excellent customer experience.
• Through interactions with Clinical Genomics Laboratory operational staff, understand and communicate any issues with sample or data quality.
• Capture and compile data from customer interactions that will help to improve test quality and enhance the customer experience.
The Clinical Technical Information Scientist role includes the opportunity to:
• Interface with clinicians world-wide
• Travel and deliver scientific presentations
• Lead publication submissions
• Build technical sales skills
• Remain current in your field of interest
• Participate in strategy discussions and leadership opportunities
• Continue to develop your scientific career as part of a diverse, dynamic team, within a non-profit business setting