Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. Fred Hutch in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only NationalCancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Clinical Research Nurse will coordinate day-to-day activities for assigned clinical research protocols for the Non-Myeloablative Transplant Program.
The incumbent reports to the Research Staff Manager and works independently in performing daily responsibilities required to plan and execute investigator driven/industry-based clinical research trials. Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team and provide guidance to other study staff in carrying out research implementation tasks.
Coordinate research and administrative activities related to studies, ensuring all projects are completed according to project/study timelines.
- Help develop and review research protocols for feasibility and collaborate with study leadership to develop the study budget and implementation plans.
- Assist in the development of research materials, which may include questionnaires, data collection instruments, budget grids, and educational materials.
- Screen, enroll and follow study subjects, complete CRF, place physician orders, coordinate research study visits and research specimens, communicate with the primary care teams, investigational pharmacy staff and research subjects. Travel to other campus facilities will be required to support study responsibilities.
- Perform direct patient care including administering investigational products, central line blood draws, and monitoring patients for adverse events.
- On assigned studies, act as the main protocol resource person for the investigator and or research sponsor, study subjects, local and central labs, monitors, primary care teams and investigational pharmacy staff.
- Facilitate protocol monitoring visits and collaborate with study monitors to resolve data discrepancies and procedural issues.
- Provide input to the regulatory coordinator on protocol document submissions and continuing review reports.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Must be Registered Nurse
- Valid Washington State License
- 2 years of nursing experience required
- Experience as a research nurse strongly preferred
- Experience and competence in clinical care of stem cell transplant patients or related experience preferred
- Oncology and/or hematology nursing experience preferred
- Must be flexible and able to work well in team environment
- May require working weekends or holiday coverage for clinical studies, as applicable
- Intermediate level computer skills (Microsoft Office) highly desirable and ACCESS and Share Point preferred
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2234966-2647-3821