Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center (FHCRC), home of three Nobel laureates, is an independent, nonprofit research institution dedicated to the development and advancement of biomedical research to eliminate cancer and other potentially fatal diseases. Recognized internationally for its pioneering work in bone-marrow transplantation, the Center's five scientific divisions collaborate to form a unique environment for conducting basic and applied science. The Hutchinson Center, in collaboration with its clinical and research partners, the University of Washington and Seattle Children's, is the only National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center in the Pacific Northwest. Join us and make a difference!
The Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day coordination of intervention Phase I-III clinical trials. The position will perform all tasks relating to the start-up, management and close-out of studies including: preparation of IRB documentation, maintaining study records, screening patients for eligibility, tracking patient visits, and abstracting and reporting data. The Coordinator will work on multiple studies with different investigators.
Overseeing Assigned Studies
- Prepares study start-up documentation including IRB documents, eligibility checklists, study-specific clinic orders and study calendars
- Screens and registers patients; ensures eligibility requirements are met
- Schedules study related clinic procedures such as blood draws, infusions and imaging according to protocol requirements; coordinates with clinic staff to ensure proper documentation and timing of research-related procedures
- Abstracts data from medical records to complete study-specific CRFs (electronic and/or paper) in timely and accurate manner; maintains shadow chart with source documents
- Collaborates with study sponsor/consortium delegate to assist with study monitoring visits and responds to findingsCreates and maintains patient tracking tools; communicates status to investigators, management and relevant departments
- Manages study documentation throughout study life cycle including IRB annual renewals, modifications, patient study charts and regulatory binder
- Liaises with study sponsor, investigator(s) and members of study team to communicate timelines, expectations and study status
- Coordinates long-term follow-up evaluations and data collection with participants and patient's local physicians
- Acts as a resource to physicians, investigators, other staff members, and other organizations regarding protocol procedures, data collection requirements and other study related operations
Experience and Abilities
- 2 years coordinating clinical research, preferably oncology trials
- Preparing IRB documentationReviewing and abstracting data from medical records
- Working in clinic setting
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clinical research related certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of regulations and guidelines that govern clinical research
- Excellent time management skills
Please include a cover letter when applying for this job that includes your specific interest in the Clinical Research Coordinator II position and working for FHCRC (either as an additional attachment on your profile or merged into the file that contains your resume).
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE