Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Program of Immunology and Clinical Research Division is seeking a clinical research coordinator to work in the pre-clinical research laboratory environment.
Responsible for the collection, coordination, processing, and quality control of clinical trial data in accordance with protocols subject to FDA oversight. Responsible for coordination of long-term follow-up activities associated with these protocols.
The incumbent works independently in performing job assignments. Uses judgment in data collection, quality control, liaison, and research coordination activities. Interacts with patients, physicians, and other clinical providers and support staff within and outside of the FHCRC/SCCA/UW system.
- Review and maintain familiarity with research protocols with regard to data collection.
- Research, maintain, analyze, and abstract patient clinical trial data from pre-study background (e.g., previous diagnoses and treatments) through clinical trial participation and long-term follow-up.
- Understand and interact with departments and automated systems throughout FHCRC/SCCA/UW system to ensure timely and complete delivery of data.
- Track status of potential and active clinical trial participants.
- Coordinate long-term follow-up evaluations and data collection with clinical trial participants, SCCA, and participants' local physicians.
- Assist in the development of data acquisition forms and instructions for completion.
- Work with computer application specialists to ensure consistency between paper and electronic data systems.
- Coordinate monitoring visits and quality control reviews by Sponsors or Investigators.
- Support regularly scheduled institutional monitoring visits to ensure quality and completeness of data.
- Serve as a liaison and reference resource to Physicians, Investigators, other staff members, and other organizations with questions about data collection or protocol procedures and requirements.
- Coordinate special projects regarding data collection, analysis, output, and presentation.
- Provide input to support policies and goals of the department.
- Perform other responsibilities as required
- BA/BS, RRA, ART, or two year degree in the medical field.
- Three years of experience in medical records, cancer registry, or related field.
- Strong computer skills and experience working with databases.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Medical terminology.
- Knowledge of statistics preferred.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE