Cures Start Here.
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Clinical Research Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day coordination of intervention Phase I-III clinical trials across the Cancer Consortium through the Clinical Research Support (CRS) office. The position will report to the Study Support Manager in CRS. The Clinical Research Coordinator will perform all tasks relating to the start-up, management and close-out of studies including: preparation of IRB documentation, maintaining study records, screening patients for eligibility, tracking patient visits, and abstracting and reporting data. The Coordinator will work on multiple studies with different investigators.
Overseeing Assigned Studies
- Prepares study documentation including eligibility checklists, study-specific clinic orders and study calendars
- Screens and registers patients; ensures eligibility requirements are met
- Schedules study related clinic procedures such as blood draws, infusions and imaging according to protocol requirements; coordinates with clinic staff to ensure proper documentation and timing of research-related procedures
- Abstracts data from medical records to complete study-specific CRFs (electronic and/or paper) in timely and accurate manner; maintains shadow chart with source documents
- Collaborates with study sponsor/consortium delegate to assist with study monitoring visits and responds to findings
- Creates and maintains patient tracking tools; communicates status to investigators, management and relevant departments
- Liaises with study sponsor, investigator(s) and members of study team to communicate timelines, expectations and study status
- Coordinates long-term follow-up evaluations and data collection with participants and patient's local physicians
- Acts as a resource to physicians, investigators, other staff members, and other organizations regarding protocol procedures, data collection requirements and other study related operations
Experience and Abilities
- 2 years coordinating clinical research, preferably oncology trials
- Preparing IRB documentation
- Reviewing and abstracting data from medical records
- Working in clinic setting
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clinical research related certification preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of regulations and guidelines that govern clinical research
- Excellent time management skills
We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2350870-2647-9521