The DFCI/Partners Healthcare Clinical & Translational Informatics (CTI) group is the Institute’s resource for providing databases and applications that help clinicians and researchers gain insights based on clinical and research data. The Clinical & Research Application Analyst is responsible for leading requirements gathering and development of a new system within CTI for capturing data vital to clinical research across the Institute. The incumbent will solicit feedback and requirements from multiple disease centers, stakeholders, and internal staff to come up with a complete set of requirements that allows for the capture of key data elements pertaining to patient outcomes, and drive the development of this solution to completion.
- Gain thorough understanding of clinical/research data that is currently captured within CTI – work with IS staff to get high level understanding of systems, and perform data analysis (e.g. SQL) independently
- Gather functional requirements from end users and key stakeholders
- Gather data requirements from end users and key stakeholders
- Identify existing systems within the Institute that may fit the needs of the new system’s requirements
- Assess using Natural Language Processing (NLP), or receiving data from NLP to reduce manual efforts by end users; and identify how this could feed into the product
- Help create a buy versus build comparison, while also considering possible integration points with existing data querying systems