We are looking for a highly motivated, independent but team-oriented Clinical Laboratory Scientist I, II, or III. Scientist levels are assigned by the clinical laboratory director and are based primarily on education, level of experience, and amount of supervision required. All candidates MUST have a valid NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license (full or restricted). This is a full-time, day shift position.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Performing routine and advanced laboratory procedures on patient specimens for the purpose of establishing a clinical molecular diagnosis, including: nucleic acid extraction and quantification, PCR, electrophoresis, Sanger sequencing, and next-generation sequencing;
• Completing assigned laboratory tasks in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner in accordance with standard operating procedures;
• Assisting with equipment maintenance and QA/QC procedures;
• Providing detailed and legible documentation associated with test results, maintenance records, and quality control;
• Troubleshooting assays as needed with assistance from laboratory management;
• Assisting with the validation of new molecular assays;
• Informing laboratory management of inventory needs to ensure uninterrupted sample processing;
• Performing other laboratory work as needed to support the objectives of the clinical laboratory.