Performs clinical laboratory tests, procedures and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease in newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares specimens for analysis and organizes tests to be performed.
- Prepares and properly labels reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Conducts analyses of dried blood spots or body fluid to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Reviews test results, maintains legible work records, and enters findings into the laboratory information systems.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on instruments and equipment according to established schedules and procedures.
- Verifies proper instrument function by checking and calibrating lab instruments and documents data.
- Records in instrument logs any repairs, part replacements and maintenance performed on laboratory instruments.
- Participates, as requested, in the training of new employees.
- Abides by laboratory safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.