The Clinical Laboratory Scientist will be directly responsible for performing high complexity laboratory testing on patient specimens, interpreting and reporting patient results, performing quality control and quality assurance procedures and complying with all applicable local, state and federal laboratory requirements.
The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task and be flexible with tasks and schedules and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures and analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment.
- Prepare the reagents required for laboratory testing.
- Review, interpret and report patient results.
- Independently identify and troubleshoot basic problems that adversely affect test performance.
- Supervise unlicensed laboratory personnel.
- May assist with the training of new laboratory personnel.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of laboratory supplies for daily operations.
- Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/ or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution.
- Perform Quality Assurance activities for internal Audits and inspection preparation.
- Prioritize a positive work environment by investing time in building relationships and trust with all stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid California CLS license.
- Completion of a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent training program at an accredited institution and clinical laboratory work experience
as a CLS, CGMBS or equivalent.
- Possess working knowledge of local, state and federal laboratory regulations.
- Computer competency, including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve basic issues that impact test performance.
- Strong communicator with the ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
-High volume laboratory experience.
-Previous experience with laboratory automation.
-Previous experience working with LIMS.
-Training in molecular biology techniques.