Sequenom Laboratories provides best-in-class laboratory clinical diagnostic services with a focus on prenatal testing and conditions. Sequenom is among the largest laboratories utilizing next generation sequencing (NGS) for routine clinical use.
The Clinical Laboratory Director reviews data, approves and signs-out results for high complexity genetic and molecular laboratory developed tests on a daily basis and acts as a clinical consultant for the lab.
- Reports laboratory test results for all test methods approved by CAP, NY, CA and CLIA from pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical testing; interprets reports and patient results to ordering physicians.
- Reviews and recommend improvements for laboratory procedures based on quality metrics and test results over time.
- Serves as laboratory departmental liaison during government inspections and audits.
- Assists preparing, developing and critiquing proposals to ensure complete, high quality proposal submission.
- Ensures processes and services are monitored for quality, cost effectiveness, and efficiency through continuous process and quality improvement. Recommends and implement ideas to improve operational efficiency.
- Ensures services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, lab policy, and accreditation and compliance requirements. Provide guidance to laboratory staff as required by applicable state and federal regulations.
- Maintains current professional and best practice knowledge. Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Ensures required documentation is performed in an accurate and timely manner
- Demonstrate understanding of safety issues specific to a CLIA environment
- Manages staff including recruiting, hiring, motivating, performance management, training and development