We are seeking a Clinical Lab Scientist with strong background in genomics and experience in Next Generation Sequencing. The candidate will be a part of highly dynamic and diverse group of scientists to help identify cause and problems in unexplained heritable diseases and inherited cancer predisposition. As part of this, the candidate will be actively involved in developing, testing and implementing traditional and next generation sequencing platforms in our Clinical Genomics Laboratory. He/ She should understand and apply the correct control measures and protocol in cases of abnormal results and report any discrepancies to the senior staff. Calibrate assays where calibration is part of each run. Maintains supply inventory, performs and documents routine preventative maintenance. Perform troubleshooting and report any instrument malfunction to the seniors. Has an understanding and maintains current knowledge of specialty area(s) assigned in the laboratory.
- Perform laboratory tests, procedures, and analysis according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Clearly and accurately record all assays and results in the lab information systems and maintain lab notebooks.
- Generate SOPs and Quality control documents for the genomics laboratory.
- Interact and work collaboratively with all different groups within and outside clinical genomics service.
- Adheres to all safety/ health and state/ federal regulatory requirements and procedures, policies and Services Standard defined by the Hospitals.
- Applies the appropriate control measures in test with abnormal results. Handles results in accordance with protocol and notifies the necessary personnel.
- Performs clinical laboratory tests of varying complexity using standard procedures examining specimens for the purpose of providing information for the diagnosis, prevention, or treatment of disease.
- Performs maintenance and function checks on analytical equipment and perform operational checks necessary for proper test performance to assure accurate and reliable test results and reporting.
- Resolves problems related to clinical issues, equipment or testing by initiating research utilizing available reference material. Reports and/or escalates problems to management as appropriate.
- Using technical knowledge and theoretical understanding of the basis of tests, records and analyzes test result to validate accuracy, quality and conformity to specification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.