Sorenson Genomics, a leader in DNA testing services, is currently seeking a highly-motivated and dedicated Clinical Laboratory Director in its Salt Lake office. The Clinical Laboratory Director at Sorenson Genomics is a member of the executive management team with a specific focus on the overall operation, administration, and technical oversight of the clinical laboratory. The Clinical Laboratory Director, working in conjunction with others on the executive management team, has responsibility and authority for all policies, processes, and procedures performed by the clinical laboratory.
Under the direction of the President/Chief Operating Officer and the Chief Scientific Officer, the Clinical Laboratory Director will qualify and hold licenses in jurisdictions in which the laboratory operates and may be deemed the laboratory director for any/all of the following: CLIA, CAP and any applicable state or other regulatory or accrediting agency. The Clinical Laboratory Director will direct the technical performance and scientific activities of the clinical laboratory staff and will perform all duties of a laboratory director as required by applicable laws, regulations and accreditation standards. Additionally, the Clinical Laboratory Director will be readily available for personal, telephone or electronic consultation to the laboratory’s staff, physicians, and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet the requirements for personal licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Director for CLIA, and applicable states.
- Work with laboratory management and the quality assurance team to maintain laboratory licensure and accreditation from all regulatory agencies, which have jurisdiction over the laboratory.
- Review all relevant policies, processes, and procedures and ensure that an approved procedure manual is available to all personnel responsible for any aspect of the testing process.
- Oversee the proper performance, interpretation, review and reporting of laboratory procedures.
- Ensure that the test methodologies selected have the capability of providing the quality of results required for patient care.
- Provide effective and efficient technical and scientific direction of the laboratory.
- Ensure that reports of test results include pertinent information required for clinical interpretation.
- Ensure that the laboratory is enrolled in an approved proficiency testing program.
- Work with the corporate safety officer to ensure compliance with OSHA and state/local regulations as well as other applicable safety regulations.