SRA has an opportunity for a Clinical Informatics Specialist to technically lead a team of professional biomedical informaticians and software engineers to implement leading edge analytical methods, database, and software solutions for a major center of the NIH.
The successful candidate will interact closely with world-class clinical researchers to understand their clinical informatics needs; provide advice and leadership for new initiatives for clinical research databases, contribute to the evolution of the data and system architecture, and help lead the team to meet these analysis and database needs in a timely and highly interactive manner. The complexity of these challenges will require unique architectures and approaches to be applied to in an iterative product delivery. The incumbent is expected to be familiar with contemporary database design and development and biomedical informatics approaches to clinical research. He/She will work with stakeholders and team members to understand their needs, and enhance the current system to further extend the unique and meaningful impacts of clinical research and personalized medicine at the NIH.
During the first month, the successful candidate will:
- Understand current systems and priorities of current clinical informatics development work.
- Have significant client interactions to understand clinical and research uses and needs.
- Understand how data is currently being modeled, and make recommendation on future data models.
- Provide technical and engineering leadership, as well as subject matter expertise.
- Enhance data warehouse component.
- Develop rhythm of communication with stakeholders to continue to develop clinical informatics software solutions