- The successful candidate will have an M.D. or Ph.D. in Biomedical Informatics, Computational Biology, Genetics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Demonstrated excellence in development algorithm development using EMR/EHR and “-omics” data, especially in clinical applications.
- Familiarity with disease, pathology, and phenotype ontologies (including MedDRA, MeSH, SNOMED, and others).
- A strong working knowledge of statistics and proficiency in one or more of Python, Java, C/C++ or R.
- Experience with sequencing data and other types of high-throughput genomic data is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills will be needed in our fast-paced team.
Ancestry is a profitable, growing company with a positive, high-energy environment. Together, our dedicated teams are harnessing the power of technology and using it to simplify the way people connect with their families and their unique legacies. Our work environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also extremely exciting. You’ll work with a team of passionate, engaged individuals. We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
AncestryDNA (www.ancestryDNA.com ) has become the fastest growing direct-to-consumer genomic company by providing consumers insights into their ancestral origins. A team of scientists leverages pedigrees, documents, demographics, and genomes to conduct innovative research in population genetics and create innovative new consumer products. Since launching in May of 2012, AncestryDNA has grown rapidly and amassed a database of about 800,000 genomes.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and medical conditions related thereto), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, age (40 and older), mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations to applicants or employees with qualifying disabilities who request them and who otherwise meet the requirements of applicable law. If you would like to request an accommodation during the application process, please contact our Director of Recruiting.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.