The Harvard Medical School affiliated Laboratory for Molecular Medicine (LMM) is a CLIA-certified molecular diagnostic laboratory operating within Partners Personalized Medicine. The mission of the LMM is to bridge the gap between research and clinical medicine by translating novel discoveries into cutting-edge tests and accelerating the adoption of new molecular tests into clinical care.
The successful candidate will work in a cutting edge environment in the Diagnostic Test Development group. This will entail design, optimization, and clinical validation of molecular diagnostic tests for inherited disorders with genetic and clinical heterogeneity. There is a strong focus on clinical next generation sequencing technologies. Academic activities including presentations and publications are strongly encouraged but not required.
This position is ideal for a post doctoral candidate, preferably with a background in genetics, who is interested in a career in clinical genomics and molecular diagnostics. Computational and/or bioinformatic skills are a plus.
The successful candidate is expected to work independently with minimal supervision.
Major responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of novel platforms and techniques in DNA sequencing, genotyping, and copy-number variation in order to assess suitability for diagnostic application.
- Design and execution of clinical validation studies to determine the diagnostic performance of genetictests.
- Analysis of large datasets in collaboration with the Center's bioinformatic staff.
- Documentation of clinical test development according to regulatory guidelines.
- Interfacing with the clinical operations team to launch novel assays.
- Help train operations staff to perform novel assays.
- Quality improvement (optimization) of existing genetic tests.
- Conference attendance and presentations are a possibility.
- Publications are encouraged.