The Molecular Pathology Laboratory at the NYU School of Medicine is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join the Bioinformatics team (http://www.med.nyu.edu/ocs/applied-bioinformatics-center) responsible for analyzing clinical genomics data generated in the facility and supporting innovative cutting-edge research conducted by principal investigators at the NYU Langone Medical Center.
- Analyze DNA-seq datasets obtained from patient samples
- Setup and maintain an automated computational pipeline for analyzing cancer gene NGS panels
- Use existing and develop new methods and tools for handling, analyzing and interpreting DNA-seq and RNA-seq data in collaboration with the members of the Applied Bioinformatics Center
- Setup and maintain variant database
- Maintain complete documentation of analysis methods
- Organize data archive