The Jackson Laboratory of Genomic Medicine (JAX-GM) in Farmington, CT is seeking a Clinical Cytogenetics Technologist II or III to work at a CLIA-Certified Clinical Cytogenetics Lab. This position would be mainly involved in performing Clinical Cytogenetics assays, including fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH), clinical microarray (CMA), and droplet digital PCR (ddPCR). The Clinical Cytogenetics Technologist II or III are distinguishable primarily by levels of educational and training background and years of working experience in Clinical Cytogenetics.
- Processing samples and QC for FISH, microarray, or ddPCR assays.
- Performing routine Cytogenetics assays in the CLIA-certified Lab.
- Performing analysis and report of the completed Cytogenetics assays.
- Working with the lab supervisor and/or the Associate Director to maintain all documentation required for operation under CLIA/CAP certification.
- Testing and validation of new assays.