The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington Medical Center, and Seattle Children's Hospital.
The Clinical Analyst II will advance the SCCA's analytics and business intelligence capabilities to enable data-informed decision making and a culture of analytics throughout the organization. The person in this role will work within our Clinical Analytics and Data Development teams to ensure that the information needs of our business partners are met with effective, efficient and innovative solutions of the highest quality. The Clinical Analyst II will be a vital member of a highly collaborative and energetic team that is constantly growing and improving in service to our partners, our Alliance, and our patients.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Build cohesive relationships with business partners that enable Clinical Analytics to develop analytics and business intelligence solutions based on the needs of the - organization, and to effectively present this information to customers. The customers who receive this information include SCCA senior leaders, department managers and - staff, healthcare providers and external partners.
- Develop subject matter expertise around key cancer programs, care pathways, supportive services and outpatient clinical operations specific to the SCCA.
- Support and manage data warehouse projects through requirements gathering, data discovery/profiling/analysis, data definitions validation, and user acceptance testing in - partnership with our Data Development team and subject matter experts.
- Lead efforts to design, develop, implement, and maintain effective and efficient business intelligence solutions.
- Develop and deliver resources, training, and coaching on data development and business intelligence solutions for analysts and end users. Ensure access to data with the - goal of reduced reliance, over time, on Clinical Analytics.
- Make recommendations on key competencies and tools necessary to advance the analytics and business intelligence program at the SCCA, ensuring that recommendations - support the strategic plan of the SCCA and the goals of its operational teams.
- BA/BS in healthcare informatics, business/healthcare administration or other similar degree
- 3-5 years of experience in data development/business intelligence/analytics
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Passion for data, analytics and business intelligence
- Strong communication skills, especially between technical and lay audiences
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams to produce high-quality work products
- Personal initiative, learning focus, and attention to detail
- Intermediate SQL language knowledge
- MS Office Suite
- Master's degree or 5-8 years of experience in data development/business intelligence/analytics
- Familiarity with healthcare industry and terminology and/or experience working with healthcare data (e.g. scheduling, billing, clinical, research data)
- Experience with and knowledge of business intelligence tools and capabilities (e.g. SSMS, Tableau, OLAP, R or other statistics packages, data warehousing, data modeling)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE