The Clinical Analyst will be instrumental in supporting the core functions of the enterprise clinical information systems that enable cost-effective, high quality, efficient and safe patient care. As an integral team member, you will assist physicians, nurses and other clinicians with issue resolution related to the electronic health record and/or other clinical applications. Establish a partnership with other information technology teams (I.e., Infrastructure, Integration, Reporting and Help Desk) will be a key in establishing essential application support. A clinical background will be instrumental in providing tier-2 support of application incidents through the help desk. You will mentor junior team members while providing analytical assistance for the resolution of application incidents, maintenance items and enhancement requests. The Clinical Analyst will be expected to interact with experimental and computational biologists, clinical and translational research collaborators and clinicians. Potential projects will impact individuals with rare and common disease including adult and pediatric diseases and oncology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Informatics Team at HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology is seeking a Clinical Analyst who will:
- Gather business/data requirements from clinical faculty and Principal Investigators in the Genomic Medicine Clinic and collaborate on the best way to design studies or to build study cohorts based on the Analyst's knowledge of available systems. Acts as interface between clinical experts and IT to determine feasibility, timelines, and cost of data requests.
- Uses third party software tools and research data warehouse in development of queries and visualizations. Creates research data marts using the enterprise IT architecture.
- Participates in analytics-based quality improvement projects that leverage data collected from electronic medical records to measure and predict patient outcomes. Works with statisticians and mathematicians to design predictive models using statistical and machine learning methods that will predict patient outcomes.
- Develops analytic data sets for operations and research and uses statistical software (SAS or R) to analyze data sets.
- Produces reports that facilitate evidence-based clinical and financial decisions.
- Works with CRIO/Knowledge Management team to develop new data queries and toolsets.
- Member of the IT business intelligence/knowledge management team at HudsonAlpha.
- Maintains peer relationship and collaborative knowledge exchange with IT counterparts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.