Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
The Chief Compliance and Privacy Officer oversees the Corporate Compliance and Privacy Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization. This position collaborates closely with IT Security and the Chief Information Security Officer. The position facilitates education for the Board of Directors, management and employees as means of keeping the Organization in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance and Privacy Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the program.
- Collaborates with all departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Corporate Attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and Standards of Conduct by evaluating, or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Coordinates the independent review and evaluation of the Compliance and Privacy program to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance and Privacy program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Administers all System Corporate Compliance activities.
- Evaluates all reports of non-compliant activities.
- Maintains a complaint resolution system for non-compliant activities.
- Coordinates all internal Corporate Compliance-related investigations.
- Communicates with external entities regarding Corporate Compliance-related issues.
- Maintains appropriate levels of communication with System employees
- Participates in appropriate Corporate Compliance continuing education activities.
- Monitors Corporate Compliance training and education.
- Promotes an awareness of the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Remains current with Corporate Compliance industry literature and performance standards.