Chief Commercial Officer, Founding Team
The CCO will be responsible for strategic and functional leadership of all Commercial activities at the Company. This is a Founder level opportunity for an experienced and highly entrepreneurial candidate.
Who we are:
The Company is a San Diego based genomics/molecular diagnostics startup focused on the development of advanced non-invasive tests for the early detection and management of cancer in pets with an initial focus in dogs. We are a team of highly experienced physician-scientists, veterinarians, and life science executives aiming to revolutionize the field of veterinary oncology.
The Company’s founding team and advisors include more than a dozen former senior executives from Illumina, Sequenom, PGDx, LabCorp, Pathway Genomics, J&J, and Petco. Most of them hold MD, PhD, DVM, or MBA degrees, and have been affiliated with prestigious academic institutions including Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, MIT, UCSF, Johns Hopkins, University of Michigan, UC Berkeley, UCSD, and the University of Oxford.
- Act as the functional lead for Commercial Strategy and Operations at the Company, and champion excellence in strategy, innovation, and execution.
- Build and lead a Commercial team to support the Company’s product management, marketing, sales and business development activities.
- Manage a marketing team focused on a portfolio of marketing channels, including offline, digital, and search strategies. Develop and execute on go-to-market plans.
- Develop and implement a Commercial strategy, including identifying new growth opportunities, new partners, campaigns, products, placements, and creative direction.
- Manage Commercial Operations and Marketing budget and activities in support of key strategic initiatives.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with external distributors, agencies, vendors, commercial organizations, and strategic partners.
Graduate-level training in the Life Sciences and/or MBA highly preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least 10 years in leadership positions within commercial operations, product management, marketing.
- Experience in animal health or veterinary medicine is preferred.
- Experience in consumer genomics, clinical genetics, oncology and/or molecular diagnostics is preferred.
- Experience in performance marketing, including mass media and digital marketing channels is preferred.
- Track record of effectively marketing high-science products to consumers while maintaining a commitment to scientific integrity.
- Extensive management experience and a track record of building successful Commercial teams.
- Established network of distributors, agencies, vendors, and commercial organizations.
- Excellent English (written, oral) mandatory; fluency in multiple languages preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 30%.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Must be willing to relocate to San Diego
- Establish, develop, and manage a Commercial team at the Company.
- Oversee commercial, marketing, and business development strategy and activities.
- Oversee compliance with relevant corporate and regulatory guidelines within the Commercial organization.
- Founder-class equity grant
- Salary compensation with significant bonus potential in future years
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits package
The Company believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to notify us in your introductory application or email correspondence.
Please note: The Company does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.