Invitae is a well-capitalized, privately-held genetic information services company who is looking for qualified individuals to manage and organically develop Asia-Pacific Region (Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines) markets. Major responsibilities are:
- Identify target countries within the region for early market traction;
- Determine the go to market strategy by country/region;
- Develop key strategic partnerships that enable the sales/marketing and reimbursement channels;
- Organically grow sales;
- Identify and develop KOLs who will drive adoption and reimbursement;
- Manage contracts, revenue, margins and expense goals for the Regions;
- Drive revenue pull through in collaboration with the international team, the marketing team and client services;
- Manage to sales goals.
This role is responsible for channel market development of the Asia Pacific Region through direct sales efforts and/or through business partnerships in the Region. Primary sales targets are clinical geneticists, medical and surgical oncologists, genetic counselors and cardiologists from academia, institutions, and private clinic settings. Build, train and motivate distributors in each territory. Leads all sales support activities for distributors, delivers technical presentations on relevant Invitae products to potential and current customers, and participates in cultivation and development of regional key opinion leaders (KOLs). Encourages collaboration with KOLs to strengthen Invitae relationships and influence the medical community. Identifies potential clinical partnerships that can assist in strengthening Invitae’s market position globally. Identify areas for population-specific collaborations and studies.
Accountabilities and Key Performance Indicators:
- To develop and execute the sales growth strategy for the Asia Pacific Region;
- To select the appropriate channel partners and structure the appropriate distribution contracts;
- To achieve revenue quota for products;
- To achieve key opinion leader development targets;
- Develop key collaborations for building customer value globally.
- Develops strategic growth plan for targeted countries, then selects and negotiates contracts with the distribution partner or provide assessment of direct sales to those countries/entities;
- Trains and motivates the distributors to meet their revenue goals;
- Delivers an annual sales and marketing plan for each region in conjunction with the distributors;
- Drives the growth of Invitae revenue and market share by supporting the capture of new accounts/business in conjunction with regional distributors;
- Creates and maintains relationships with regional opinion leaders to promote penetration, retention and loyalty for Invitae products;
- Assists in identifying and mitigating competitive barriers to increasing sales;
- Responsible for providing market intelligence including competitive landscape and market conditions that may influence the community;
- Works effectively with cross-functional International teams;
- Understands the dynamics of a start-up environment.