The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, located in Seattle, Washington, is part of a dynamic collaboration among three organizations known nationally and internationally for their patient care and research: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, and Seattle Children's.
Over the past 25 years, these institutions have worked together to support their mission of adult and pediatric oncology patient care services, research and education. Join us and make a difference!
The Cellular Therapy Lab (CTL) at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) is on the cutting edge of new technologies for cancer therapy, including cell-based immunotherapy. We are committed to advancing treatment options for our patients through the translation of innovative research into clinical practice. We collaborate with our Alliance members (University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Children's Hospital) as well as corporate entities.
CTL is responsible for all minimally manipulated therapeutic cell processing occurring at the SCCA. Procedures range from cryopreservation to flow cytometric enumeration of cell proportions to more complex procedures such as cell selection, enrichment, and depletion. The laboratory is regulated by the FDA cGTP/cGMP standards, maintains CAP certification, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and FACT.
We currently have an opening for a Cellular Therapy Technologist II. This a full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Process cellular products/specimens according to standard operating procedure (SOP), and specific guidance for clinical trials, using aseptic technique.
- Perform and analyze results of quality control testing of components, including automated nucleated cell counts and flow cytometry
- Document processing steps accurately, generate processing reports and prepare patient/donor laboratory charts; review processing reports and charts
- Understand and stay current with SOPs as needed, and perform SOP qualifications. Provide input/feedback to Lab Supervisor on documentation and process improvements
- Thaw cryopreserved components and assist with infusion at the patient bedside
- Meet unrelated donor (URD) component couriers and perform necessary testing and processing of components prior to release
Perform special processing:
- CliniMACS® cell selection e.g. CD34+ cell enrichment, CD3+ cell depletion
- Potentially assist with the bone marrow collection within operating room
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Four-year college degree with major in medical technology or biological sciences required
- 2+ years of cell therapy, or relevant laboratory experience
- Basic hematology knowledge
- Motivation and initiative to learn new scientific theory and applications
- Mature judgment
- Work independently
- Proven team player
- Collaborate and communicate effectively across functions
- Interpret data thoroughly
- Strong trouble-shooting capabilities
- Scientific writing skills, including preparation of clear, concise SOPs and technical reports
- Strong math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in scheduling: night, weekend, holiday and on-call rotations
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of clinical cell therapy experience
- Advanced knowledge of oncology, hematology and/or immunology
- Flow cytometry expertise
- Immunotherapy experience
- CliniMACS® operation experience
- Surgical tech experience
- LabWare LIMS knowledge
- A good understanding of cGMP/cGTP standards
- Proven record of completing projects efficiently and effectively
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE