Contract Cardiac Genetic Counselor – Remote
Part time, Contract position
OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions.. As a full service clinical laboratory, we are constantly looking for new technologies and new methodologies that will help us grow. People are our most important asset as we continue to grow and drive advances in technology.
We are searching for a Part-time, contract, Cardiac Genetic Counselor, this position is remote and does not provide benefits.
- Provide post-test genetic counseling via telemedicine (telephone and videoconferencing)
- Review family history to determine the clinical implications of genetic test results for patients and their families
- Provide guidance to referring providers regarding clinical follow-up
- Generate consultation summaries for referring providers
- Master’s degree in Genetics Counseling from an accredited genetic counseling training program is required. Must have ABGC certification or have active candidate status.
- Licensure in multiple states may be requested (assistance available)
- Experience in cardiac genetic counseling
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently with general supervision