The New York Genome Center is looking for a highly motivated, results-driven individual to join the computational biology and genome analysis group. As a Cancer Biologist, you will be responsible for the analysis and interpretation of results from the Cancer genomics pipelines (somatic SNV and SV, integration with RNA-Seq, epigenomics or other sequencing experiments applied to oncology). The job requires a deep knowledge of oncology, cancer pathways and an ability to connect genomics to biological and clinical expertise, through literature, knowledgebase and personal experience. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about understanding translational research, somatic mutation in cancer and how it can be used to generate clinically actionable results.
Job duties will include:
- Analyze and prioritize somatic variants in tumor/normal DNA and RNA sequencing;
- Combine genomic data with literature and knowledge base to make drug recommendations;
- Assist internal and external collaborators in development of automated cancer interpretation;
- Organize and support external collaborative initiatives;
- Assist, collaborate, and consult with internal/external researchers on analyses of NGS data;
- Publication of developed methods and scientific findings is encouraged.