We are seeking a Bioinformatics Engineer on a contract basis specialized in Cancer Genomics, to develop Bioinformatics Workflows and perform related Development Operations (DevOps) and System Administration (Sysadmin) services.
- Provisioning and orchestration of compute resources, storage, and network capacity on cloud-based and on-site servers.
- Design and development of bioinformatics workflows following best-practices for:
1. Quality control of NGS data and associated metadata.
2. DNA sequence alignment and localized re-assembly.
3. Somatic variant calling for point mutations, small/complex indels, CNVs, etc.
4. False-positive filtering while preserving high sensitivity.
5. Standardization and consolidation of various variant annotation sources.
- Management of databases for sample, sequence, and workflow metadata.