Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Reviews, analyzes, and executes purchasing activities in collaboration with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Manage inventories and maintain financial goals such as E&O and PPV
- Purchase assigned goods and services while working to improve quality, on time delivery, and price.
- Solicit competitive bids, evaluate proposals, obtain necessary purchasing approvals, negotiate or assist in the negotiation of contract terms, and expedite orders to ensure contract terms are met.
- Maintain direct contact with suppliers to ensure the quality and quantity of products, parts, and services meet established performance objectives including execution of Supplier Scorecards and QBRs.
- Analyze incoming requisitions and shortage reports for quality, specification, pricing and delivery requirements and ensure efficient timely management of such
- Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity.
- Ensure maximization of the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; quote table maintenance, supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
- Generate the most suitable purchasing arrangement such as contracts, blanket orders and vendor stocking arrangements to streamline and obtain optimum pricing and delivery
- Maintain ERP based purchasing system database, investigate inventory discrepancies, resolve delivery/receiving and payment issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.