10770 Wateridge Circle, Ste 200
San Diego, CA 92121
TriLink BioTechnologies is actively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic through vaccine and diagnostic programs.
TriLink BioTechnologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, is seeking a Buyer I to join our growing team. This role provides procurement support with various project requirements as delegated by the Sr. Manager of Procurement & Strategic Sourcing. This individual will be responsible for placing orders for materials and services to be incorporated into Manufacturing and/or Operations, including handling communications with suppliers to ensure timely delivery at a competitive price point.
- Review purchase requisitions, obtain quotes, examine bids, make awards, develop new supply sources as needed
- Work with Planning to manage long term production schedules to ensure material readiness
- Generate purchase orders to support all business requirements through various request methods, NetSuite, zero picks, reorder points, emails and verbal requests in a timely manner
- Responsible for expediting, following-up and communicating estimated delivery dates for open purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and appropriate production scheduling
- Represents Procurement department in addressing and/or resolving issues with other departments
- Manages and facilitates the closure of all open purchase orders pending approvals
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers by providing adequate lead times and communicating updates to all end-users
- Successfully contribute to cost saving corporate initiatives through various bidding, supplier consolidation, and material standardization activities
- Evaluates assigned general ledgers account accuracy for all submitted and generated purchase orders
- Works closely with Accounts Payable to resolve all invoice issues
- Interacts with Receiving Department and suppliers to resolve receiving discrepancies and arranging returns
- Responsible for procuring inventory purchases from approved suppliers
- Communicate process issues and present streamlining and process solutions
- Assist with root cause analysis for all material shortages
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in similar biotechnology/life science industry
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems required, NetSuite expertise preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Expertise with effective negotiation and managing suppliers
- Working knowledge of Accounting practices
- Completes work assigned in a reliable, consistent manner while working successfully as an individual and within a team environment
- Personable, good listener, and with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
TriLink BioTechnologies is a rapidly growing biotech firm in San Diego, CA that offers competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD, and a retirement plan.
TriLink BioTechnologies is an EEO employer.
How to Apply
About Our Organization
TriLink BioTechnologies, a Maravai LifeSciences company, offers mRNA and oligo solutions as comprehensive CDMO services and an expansive stocked menu - to accelerate research, diagnostic, and therapeutic applications. TriLink has paved the way with industry-leading technology, consistent high quality, and ready access to expert scientific support.