Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Business Systems Manager analyzes complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. S/He provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. The Manager configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing; and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements. S/He designs details of automated systems. S/He provides consultation to users in the area of automated systems. S/He leads cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
All About You
· Serve as front-line point of contact for users of the content management system, including user access, systems issues, content management processes, and workflows.
· Capture, analyze, synthesize, assess, document, and verify business requirements, processes, and workflows.
· Validate and verify all requirements to make sure that they map to the business needs, are approved by the appropriate stakeholders, and meet quality standards.
· Work with developers, project managers, other business analysts, and quality-assurance staff to drive alignment on requirements. Lead teams to review high-level technical designs and detailed testing documentation.
· Design system behavior by analyzing technical requirements, studying system capabilities, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, and writing specifications.
· Lead large cross-functional design meetings with business and technology stakeholders. Plan and manage project schedule by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements, forming project team, and establishing project budget.
· Monitor project by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
· Write and maintain user documentation, provide help-desk support, and train users.
· Implement a regular closed-loop feedback method with stakeholders. Share content-management improvement opportunities with other content stakeholders.
· Identify needed system improvements and work with CM team, technical representatives, and other stakeholders to implement and test.
· Maintain user confidence and protect operations with confidential information.
· Maintain professional and technical expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
· At least 5 years experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, managing multiple projects and ad-hoc requests concurrently.
· Highly analytical, with a natural curiosity about content and the ability to consume and process large amounts of information.
· Quickly respond to business requests. Desire and capacity to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted multi-faceted, and deadline driven environment.
· Exceptional project and time-management skills, and demonstrated history of keeping complex projects moving in the face of competing responsibilities.
· Ability to work with onshore and offshore teams, and communicate using virtual communication tools (phone, conferencing, online meeting).
· Experience managing change within an organization.
· Technologically savvy and able to design and drive adoption of new tools and processes. Quickly learn new systems, processes, and technology.
· Strong written communication skills and cross-functional relationship building. Good interpersonal skills for gathering input and persuading people to adopt standards. Strong negotiation skills.
· Drive innovative ideas about how to make content accessible and easy to maintain.
· Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
· Knowledge of data systems and structures.
· Versed in standard software-development processes, including waterfall, iterative, and Agile.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL.
· Experience working with SaaS third-party applications such as Salesforce.com.
· Experience in UX design.
BA, MBA, or equivalent in information management, technical writing, communications, or marketing.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf