At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. We achieve this through our world-leading whole genome sequencing and analytics services and through the development of innovative software solutions to enable increased personalization of healthcare.
An opportunity exists for a commercially astute Business Development Manager to drive the development and the execution of the commercialisation strategy for Genome.One’s precision health applications business unit. This role will be focused primarily on identifying and pursuing the commercialisation of applications derived from the company’s ongoing bioinformatics, genomics and phenomics R&D activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a thorough national and international market understanding and identify and quantify prioritised business opportunities
- Conduct patent, literature and website searches, and coordinate related commercial intelligence gathering activities for the purpose of identifying potential commercial partners
- Lead the development of a long-term strategy for the precision health application business
- Drive the development of a BD and marketing strategy with an emphasis on growth generation through cost-effective customer acquisition and market demand generation
- Drive business development and partnering activities and ensure alignment with other business areas and the overall company direction
- Negotiate the full range of commercial relationships
To be successful in this position, you will be a commercial savvy and results driven individual who is motivated by being part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. You will be a team player and collaborator who thrives in a culture of innovation and empowerment. You will also possess the following key skills and attributes: