Business Development Managers work directly with clients selling the Seven Bridges’ platform and expertise to pharmaceutical, biotech and diagnostic marketplaces. You need to be an expert on a select group of target clients and, more importantly, the problems those clients face in delivering the next decade of precision medicine. To do so, you engage with the teams on the front lines of these organizations -- the teams charged with delivering serious advances in therapies. These include bioinformaticians, directors, and internal IT leaders.
Ultimately, you are responsible for finding opportunities, building and sustaining relationships with key stakeholders in that company and winning business. This is a hunter position, not a farmer position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with potential clients, specifically with those doing analytical work.
- Establish complete, current knowledge of target organizations, including their current therapeutic pipeline, organizational chart, purchasing and procurement preferences, financials and public statements.
- Work directly with potential clients to understand the fundamental challenges of their businesses.
- In conjunction with a VP, Business Development, design and ensure execution of commercial agreements on behalf of Seven Bridges with clients.
- Represent Seven Bridges at trade shows, keynotes, and company events.
- Collaborate across and rally internal teams to deliver strategic value to clients.
- Maintain a complete and accurate forecast and exceed revenue targets.
- Provide feedback from customers to the development team.