Business Development Manager – Genomics Technology.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution recognized internationally for its excellence in ground-breaking research programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics, and bioinformatics and broad educational mission. We are presently seeking a Business Development Manager – Genomics Technology.
The responsibilities of this position are described below.
Regular interface with fellow team members in carrying out duties and responsibilities to leverage complimentary skills and experience involving:
• Participation in periodic team meetings, investment decision meetings and portfolio reviews, professional development programs and business planning for technology transfer.
• Regular interface with CSHL scientist to identify opportunities
In house seminars, meetings and other interactions
Evaluation and analysis of the commercial potential of CSHL genomic technologies and research results considering the following:
• Potential for positive societal impact and obligations to research sponsors and collaborators.
• Synergy with CSHL resources, culture and mission.
• Intellectual property considerations, and probability of commercial success financial impact for CSHL.
• Scientific, commercial and financial value drivers as well as consideration of appropriate business models and feedback from industry experts.
• Due diligence rights relevant to the components of the technology.
Partnering and Negotiation of Contracts to include:
• Developing plans for further work needed to attract a partner as well as identifying and coordinating resources for the development.
• Developing intellectual property and partnering strategy as well as identifying potential partners (licensee, research collaborators and sponsors, investors).
• Developing and negotiating appropriate term sheets, preparing draft agreements, and negotiating and closing deals.
• Performing due diligence on rights to components of technologies and developing plans for securing needed rights.
• Developing patent strategies and actions with Chief Patent Counsel as well as acting as the point person for decision process/meetings regarding investment in patents for genomic technologies.
Agreement Monitoring/Relations with Partners (Licensees/Research Sponsors):
• Holding meetings with partners to monitor progress and compliance with agreements.
• Supporting CSHL scientists regarding enabling agreements such as MTA’s, CDA’s and Inter-Institutional agreements.
• Managing portfolio of partnered and un-partnered genomics technology cases.