At Genome.One, we help provide answers to life’s biggest health questions – enhancing the lives of patients, families and communities across the world. We achieve this through our world-leading whole genome sequencing and analytics services and through the development of innovative software solutions to enable increased personalisation of healthcare.
The Discovery Business Development Manager will support the on going expansion of Genome.One’s research sequencing and data analytics services. The Business Development Manager will take a global perspective on market opportunities and lead the assessment, prioritisation and recruitment of new clinical and commercial clients both locally (primary) and overseas (secondary). The Business Development Manager will also have specific responsibilities for maintaining and improving current relationships across the partner network to drive uptake of Genome.One’s Discovery Genomics portfolio. Motivated by the entrepreneurial and dynamic environment of a start-up company, the Business Development Manager will work closely with the Head of Discovery Genomics and the executive team to develop and grow the Discovery Genomics business with the ultimate goal to contribute to the company’s vision.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the development of the Discovery Genomics client base; as well as the promotion and uptake of Genome.One’s research sequencing and data analytics services. Specifically, this new role is responsible for the following business development, key account management and sales and marketing activities in relation to Genome.One’s Discovery Genomics business:
- Business Development
Implement the current business development strategy for Genome.One’s Discovery sequencing and data analytics services:
- Develop a thorough national and international market understanding; identify and prioritise business opportunities that will directly improve Genome.One’s market position and achieve financial growth
- Identify and initiate contact with decision makers within key clinical and commercial organisations; nurture strategic relationships, business relationships and corporate partnerships to convert customers into clients/partners
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions (including company competitors) to help define long-term organisational strategic goals
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network. Cold call as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunity
- Co-ordinate business development and partnering activities to ensure alignment with other business areas and the overall company direction
- Liaise and build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, in particular the Genome.One phenomic and bioinformatic teams, with the goal to develop an in-depth understanding of our internal capabilities to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue growth
- Work with the Bioinformatics and Precision Application teams to develop pitches/proposals that speak to the potential client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences to promote our products and services, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends
- Present to and consult with senior/executive management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Key Account Management
Retain and develop new and existing key accounts to advance the uptake of Genome.One’s Discovery sequencing and data analytics services:
- Develop and implement activity plans and KPIs for key accounts
- Ensure that account data is accurately entered and managed within Genome.One’s CRM; track and record activity (vs KPI) across all accounts
- Schedule and maintain regular F2F contact with key accounts
- Provide market feedback and present regular reports to internal stakeholders regarding the progress made against agreed KPIs and discuss ways to remove potential roadblocks