Under the direction of the Director of Clinical and Contract Research, identifies, negotiates, secures, and manages contract research opportunities in the cellular therapy market for the Diagnostic Laboratories and/or business partners.
Preferably geographic base will be San Diego.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences required
- CRA (Clinical Research Associate) accreditation or Master’s degree in business administration, or life sciences preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in sales or business development (including identifying, negotiating, and closing business opportunities) with a track record of delivering results
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities in a regulated environment
- Previous experience in a life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, contract research or contract manufacturing industry required
- Equivalent combination of education and related experience may be substituted with the approval of Human Resources and Diagnostic Laboratories Senior Management.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Understanding of basic stem cell biology, molecular biology and immunology
- Knowledge of the cellular therapy market strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge and skills in proposal generation, and general/fiscal management tools including ROI (return on investment) analysis
- Highly goal-oriented: self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills including the ability to establish credibility and develop professional working relationships with all levels of staff within the scientific, clinical and business community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presentation and negotiation skills
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude, authenticity and perseverance necessary for success in a direct sales career including making “cold” calls, selling high-end products/services, and discerning and overcoming objections
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a strong team environment
- Computation and analytical skills, and attention to detail required to effectively collect and report data
- Proficient computer skills to work with personal computers and laboratory information systems
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Identifies, negotiates, and closes contract research business opportunities.
- Builds alliances across the organization to integrate business, scientific and clinical aspects into single value proposition.
- Evaluates needs, then plans, facilitates, delegates and/or performs contract research project tasks in compliance with internal policies and external regulations, while ensuring project completion within designated timeframes. As issues/problems arise, takes appropriate action to resolve.
- Recommends policies, processes, procedures and programs for contract research projects.
- Ensures sound customer service and working relationships with key staff of internal and external customers and vendors.
- Acquires and maintains a thorough understanding of the product/service lines of the Diagnostic Laboratories.
- Develops and maintains collaborative working relationships with key accounts.
- Gives presentations and represents BCW or business partners at trade shows, meetings, and with relevant professional organizations in order to promote the laboratory services.
- Identifies and provides feedback on issues regarding customer needs/requirements, customer issues/concerns and satisfaction, potential expansion opportunities, competitor activities/strategies, etc.
- Provides input to the Marketing team for planning; for example, in the development of sales strategies and identification/prioritization of planned sales and retention calls.
- Works with the BCW Marketing team to develop appropriate collateral material, advertising campaigns, and presentations.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with team members and contacts internal and external to BCW.
- Plans work schedule efficiently to maximize number of calls and minimize expense.
- Prepares and submits reports of data used for planning.