Summary of Functions:
The Business Development Director will report to the EVP of Market Development, Biopharma Services to expand new and existing business to increase sales revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicate information gleaned from calls to Business Development leaders and the Executive Team.
2. Assist with development of inside sales collateral.
3. Schedule Client appointments, visits to CGI facilities, and travel for Client-related meetings as needed.
4. Work closely with Clients, Operations, Finance, and Marketing to ensure expectations, timelines, and contractual obligations are met.
5. Participate in onsite meetings with leads and Clients.
6. Generate Strategic Account Sales Plan on an annual basis for assigned territory.
7. Generate Qualified Leads: Identify potential sales targets, determine new qualified leads and achieve bid opportunities from those qualified leads.
8. Maintain Consistent Contact: Assume the leading role in strategic planning for penetration and forecasting of client accounts. Cultivate consistent relationships with qualified leads, and current or past clients focusing (80% effort) on the senior level across key large/mid-sized pharmaceutical companies and CRO accounts.
9. Present Capabilities: Present CGI capabilities presentations (scientific and operational) to clients and represent CGI at trades shows and forums.