The Business Development Associate will be accountable for organizing and leading all business development activities related to our academic customers and partners, to enable NYGC to increase revenues. Reporting to and working with the Vice President, Financial Strategy & Operations, the successful applicant will actively work to identify and educate researchers and clinicians about our products, services and collaborative research strengths. S/he will work to build a strategy for translating the value of NYGC and our genomics expertise and drive significant collaborations and service business to the NYGC, including multi-institution collaborations. Ultimately, s/he will be responsible for crafting and effecting a strategy for successful and sustained partnerships. This position involves significant scientific interaction with research groups, both within NYGC and in the broader scientific community.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams to build strategic relationships with existing academic partners, and driving awareness and sales of NYGC’s products and services;
- Responsible for creating and coordinating internal working groups of NYGC colleagues (e.g., project managers, computational biologists, technology innovation and/or Principal Investigators), to support academic outreach meetings and meeting follow-up, ensuring they lead to collaborative projects that bring in grants and/or other revenue for NYGC.
- Assists the Vice President, Financial Planning & Operations in the development of a marketing approach and partnership strategy for the scientific community, including proposal development, pitch development, and tailoring of other partner-facing materials;
- Responsible for implementing this approach and strategy, including accountability for developing marketing materials with the support of cross-functional team members;
- Responsible for conducting research to identify new potential partners and key stakeholders, advising the VP, Financial Strategy & Operations on how to engage these individuals, and implementing a targeted strategic plan that will lead to revenue-driving partnerships;
- Serves as lead liaison to our academic community, including running the newly-implemented Affiliate Faculty Member program at NYGC and ensuring it results in collaborative projects that bring in revenue;
- Attends meetings, conferences, and events at which current and prospective partner institutions will be present, as needed, to promote awareness and sales of NYGC’s products and services;
- Responsible for balancing the expectations of internal and external NYGC stakeholders to ensure collaboration partnerships are complimentary; and,
- Accountable for annual revenue targets.