In this role, you will be asked to:
• Validate milestone and final software implementations based on design and requirements.
• Create, maintain and execute regression test plans across multiple related systems.
• Maintain ongoing open communication with end-users in order to proactively identify and assess information-systems weaknesses.
• Organize user acceptance testing; ensure sufficient business-user testing of new systems or extensions to existing systems prior to deployment.
• Troubleshoot, assess, and lead resolvution of business application issues as they arise.
• Create and maintain project plans that accurately reflect the status of in-process projects.
• Specify and design functionality to meet business requirements.
Deliverables are likely to include:
• Project status documentation.
• Solutions to technical support issues.
• Documentation of issues, analysis, resolutions
• Certified application releases that have passed integration and regression tests.
• Application regression and user-acceptance test plans.
• Functional requirements and user-interface design documents.
Essential experience includes:
• BA/BS in a related field; MS or MA in a related field a plus.
• 5 or more years business/systems analysis experience, preferably in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment although for the right candidate we will be flexible
• Development of business systems or software test plans.
• Validation of software deliverables.
• Analysis and documentation of business processes and business systems.
• A solid understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Ability to work effectively in a very dynamic environment.
• Project management.
Fundamental qualities include analytical insight, diligence, communiation and relationship-building and organization skills. In addition to core business-analysis skills, we are looking for someone who can work with UML conceptual models, design user-interfaces, and has the the ability to read and analyze database models, ideally some ability to read and understand SQL and java. As important as qualifications, intangible qualities must include ability to work with people, ability to organize work across multiple concurrent projects, and enthusiasm to deliver critical functionality to the business teams who depend on us.