The Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention (SCHARP) is seeking a Business Analyst to translate the clinical research data management and analytics business needs into process improvement and solution engineering requirements by leveraging both their knowledge of process as well as business analysis best practices.
Cures Start Here .
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here .
- Reports to the Business Support Services Unit Head.
- Work closely with SCHARP's network partners and end users to author business requirements documentation, use cases, functional specifications and internal client communications documentation.
- Convert customer / business needs in product requirements.
- Collaborate For complex projects, facilitate and conduct business and functional requirements gathering workshops.
- Recommend solutions to meet changing business needs.
- Build detailed knowledge of business processes across functional areas.
- Use standard methodology to document business processes.
- Perform business process analysis.
- Map both simple and complex business processes (AS-IS & TO-BE) and/or larger scope workflow.
- Lead the development of future recommendations and conduct presentations to stakeholders.
- Create end user test cases for use by user acceptance testing participants.
- Organize and manage user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Support the defect evaluation and prioritization process.
- Play the role of Product Owner for assigned applications as part of the agile development process used by SCHARP IT.
- Maintain product backlogs and facilitate prioritization for applications assigned.
- Participate in software selection based on documented business requirements.
- Participate in analysis and recommendation of software solutions based on business requirements.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or management information systems with at least three years of experience as a business analyst; or five years of related experience.
- Ability to gather customer requirements / needs and convert to product specifications.
- Ability to convey customer requirements/ needs to internal stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate free of technical language to the business and end-user.
- Demonstrated expertise in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Strong collaboration, multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business analysis best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of requirements for agile software development methodology.
- CAPM or CCBA preferred but not required.
- Experience with or an understanding of clinical research data management or data analytics organizations.
- Experience using UML and flowcharts.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE