This position is responsible for data analysis, data standardization and management, data warehouse support, application data management, reporting & ETL design, development and testing.
This role will be a critical link between the BAs, who provide the business requirements, and the technical development team who will construct solutions. This role will provide data support for end-user analytics and business intelligence, report definitions and designs, data validation, QA / testing, and data management.
As a part of the Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) team you will have a passion for assuring data quality, analyzing data, building and executing test scripts, building & maintaining ETL jobs, building engaging data visualizations that simplify complex stories, and creating self-service, portal and ad-hoc reports. This will require you have great skills in collaborating with financial management users of the business intelligence system while also working effectively across cross collaborative work teams in Finance, Administration & Scientific Departments and IT.
- 3 - 5 years of experience with SQL
- Experience with WebFocus Reporting and/or equivalent current business intelligence software, connecting to data sources, data blending, creating ETL's
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience in data management, business intelligence, reporting & analytics or related functions, including: 3-5 years' experience working with application development methodologies (i.e., SDLC) and writing business requirements preferred
- Experience with financial systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information systems, business intelligence, data analytics or other related fields
- A combination of education and technical experience in data analytics, business intelligence, report solutions, and data management
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical. You have excellent quantitative ability and a strong aptitude for statistics or analytics. You pick up on patterns and trends that tell a complete story.
- Detail Oriented. You are meticulous in your attention to details
- Independent, Big-Picture Thinker. You can take a dataset and build a data model, spot the patterns and impacts, and communicate the key insights with confidence.
- Creative Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult challenges and take great pride in creating the right solution. You enjoy providing elegant, creative solutions to complex business problems
- Team Player. You enjoy collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better.
- Excellent Communicator. With comfort and ease, you actively listen and communicate effectively via email, on the phone, or in-person.
- Technically Adapt. You seek out new opportunities to learn and grow your technical skills
- Ability to write and run database queries.
- Strong technical experience working with relational data modeling principles and techniques.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, 2012, and 2014.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or WebFocus Data Migrator
- Proven experience working with data warehousing, reporting, ETL, and business intelligence concepts, tools and procedures.
- Capable of generating ad hoc database queries and reports.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experience building ETL integrations with other financial management applications including Hyperion, Onbase and Peoplesoft is a plus
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2216045-2647-421