Design, develop, evaluate and interpret financial information systems and budget/fiscal policies and procedures for faculty and management in Infectious Disease Sciences Program related to federal grant and contract management. Perform complex technical fiscal analysis and financial reporting including planning and interpreting policies and regulations.
Under general direction, perform a variety of complex operating, capital budget or fiscal administrative support functions such as analyzing and developing budgets for grants, contracts, state funds, and program funds; assisting in the development of financial/fiscal policies; identifying project expenditure/revenue patterns; preparing analyses in support of program plans and budget requests; evaluating financial alternatives and recommending appropriate action; establishing and maintaining comprehensive fiscal record keeping systems; and recommending or implementing changes to fiscal information systems.
- Develop, modify, and maintain multiple record keeping and reporting systems for varied and complex sources of funding; develop procedures for implementation, execution, control and review/audit of fiscal operations
- Develop budgets for grants, contracts, or other funding requests; prepare appropriate forms for contracts and agreements as needed
- Develop, recommend, and/or establish expenditure forecasting for self-sustaining accounts; forecast fiscal needs/commitments; analyze policies and project fiscal impact
- Coordinate and review all applications submitted for grant and contract funding.
- Prepare budget projections, reconcile expenditures, and monitor the payroll changes.
- Consult with funding agencies to resolve problems and/or obtain approval for deviation from authorized procedures or expenditures; advise and assist organization's staff regarding budgetary policies and procedures, account status
- Analyze, modify and recommend improvements in subsidiary and general fiscal record keeping systems; apply knowledge of accounts and program relationships, data flow, audit trails and internal controls to design and implement financial data systems
- Select, develop, implement and/or modify manual or automated fiscal reporting/tracking processes to address specific unit needs
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Public Administration, or related field. At least 2 years of work experience building, overseeing, and managing budgets. Previous work experience in grants and contracts field is preferred. Skill in working with numbers, 10-key, and computers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills-MS Word, Access, Adobe Acrobat and advanced knowledge of Excel required. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced fiscal management environment. Ability to adjust work-hours to meet grant deadlines, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as individually.
- Ability to problem-solve and process information quickly.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2218521-2647-5621