Biologics represent an important part of the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR) therapeutic portfolio and can offer new ways to ease suffering in many diseases. The NIBR Biologics Center (NBC) builds the biologics pipeline in collaboration with NIBR Disease Areas and Platforms, through supporting the discovery of antibody, protein and RNA therapeutics.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to provide analytical support for therapeutic mRNA and antibody projects and pharmacokinetic and biodistribution studies.
• Developing and executing LC-MS, PCR, ELISA and other assays to characterize and quantify proteins, mRNA and small molecules.
• Writing experimental protocols, preparing internal reports and presenting results at team meetings.
• Interfacing with colleagues to delivery timely analytical support.
• Evaluating the literature for assay development and protocols. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
- BA and 8 years of experience or MS and 5 years of relevant experience in analytical chemistry, molecular biology or a related field with a proven ability to plan and execute experiments independently, accurately, and on time. The applicant must have experience with HPLC operation and troubleshooting, quantitative analytics and assay development/optimization. Experience with PCR and cell or enzyme based assays is a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential as is attention to detail and the ability to work in a team environment.